Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To church or not to church

Well, we did it. Sunday morning, in spite of over sleeping, the sreaming meanie I call "angel", and the lack of a proper breakfast, we made Sunday school and church. This is no small thing. I somehow have been given the title of wardrobe manager, maid, and timekeeper.

I always have a mini meltdown finding my own clothing to fit over my ever-expanding behind, then I end up in charge of my husband who seems to have the same issue, except his issue is his growing tummy.

But we made it... on time... We get in and get settled, say hi, and I get to talk to my favorite person there. Okay, not so bad. Wouldn't you know it, Quinn starts to fuss, as Donnie and I are scrambling to quiet her down and not create a scene, that fricken ___ walks by and says loudly, "heh! like mother, like daughter!" After that, I honestly cannot recall anything that was taught in Sunday school. This is not his first offense with me. I guess wherever there are people involved, there is a ___, but I can't help but wonder how they get to be a leader. Why are they in charge of certain things, and given authority to make decisions? How many people just leave because he or those like him have hurt and offended them? This fella is not Hitler or anything, just someone who is consantly picking at several folks, including me. This was not the first time ___ has embarrassed myself or Donnie. He has provoked several women to tears and frustrated many men.

The sad part is, the Pastor is pretty good. He walks his talk, and has a real passion for the things of God. There are not a lot of churches that would meet our needs as a family, so I probably should just suck it up. But I need a little wisdom here, so any advice is welcome advice.

4 comments:

The Lazy Perfectionist said...

did you really post this in october???
I thought I have checked since then, but maybe not!!

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

We went to church last Sunday at the Rome Presbetyrian and I loved it!! I was PMSing and I still loved it. I am planning on going back Sunday. I am so happy that I loved it!!

Perpetual Procrastinator said...

PS I don't know how to spell Presbyterian, I guess I will have to learn if I ever become one.

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

yeah....I know I have checked this blog since October...this post just showed up out of nowhere when you posted the other one. Glad to hear that you found a church and loved it. I know they say God is universal, but I'll tell you, it certainly makes a difference in how you receive the message on how you feel about the messenger!!

ps: the word verification for this comment post was "rapturds"