Monday, September 22, 2008

Trouble in Paradise 2


Sorry Kathy, I thought my blog posted, but I guess it didn't. It was mostly whining anyway!

Here is the jist of it, though: I am a terrible decision maker. I come to that conclusion honestly, and justly I think. Throughout my life I have made many poor decisions, and probably half of those were made with the best of intentions.

This next dilemma is a work decision. I am finding that with the boys back in school, and the loss of my babysitter, working is becoming more and more of an issue. I appreciate and enjoy my job for the most part, but I am working mostly evenings, today will be til around 7pm, Tues. and Thurs. til 5ish and Fri. is an early day, but then I go to my other job (which pays well) for a more few hours.
I got the nerve up to talk to the Doctor that I work for about some of the problems I was having with the work schedule. She was very understanding, she is allowing me to bring Quinn to work a couple of days a week, and said she would look at the schedule, and asked me to be patient with her.

I am not sure how patient I need to be. I tend to be very impatient, coupled with being kind of a peace keeper, which could lead to me just giving notice that I am leaving. I know that if the Doctor gives me better hours it means someone else getting crappier hours. So there is bound to be conflict, and hurt feelings. Then again, why should I be the one left working the hours no one else wants? I do a great job, the patients love me and request me to work on them. The Doc has stated that she doesn't want to lose me, and the money really helps us financially. So what do I do? Should I ask her about it periodically, or just wait and see how it shakes out? I have a feeling it would stay exactly the way it is, if I do. Ahh, I hate making decisions!


1 comment:

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

I can see where you are coming from about if you get better hours, someone else gets crappier hours, but you need to be looking out for yourself & what's best for you, not someone else. And beside that, the doctor who is making the decision to give you better hours doesn't HAVE to do it, so if you get them, it's because she made that decision based upon your request. Remember, if you don't ask, you won't receive, and if you do ask, the worst they can do is say "no". I would personally probably not wait to see how things "shake out", or at least not too long. I don't know, I would think a 10-14 days should be long enough.
I hope in the end things come out with everyone being happy and you less stressed :-)