Friday, July 11, 2008

A day of fun


Yesterday we went to Knoebles. I haven't been there in a long time, and I don't remember liking it all that much. If memory serves, it involved an overheated, crying baby, a cranky spouse, and constant worry that we might overspend.

Well, we had a great time! We took two of my boys, and Donnie's son and met up with my sister-in-law and her daughter's family. The boys behaved really well! They didn't stop at every game and shake us down, they didn't beg at every concession stand, they were pretty content with the picnic lunch we brought and dippin' dots.

I think part of the enjoyment for me was the being able to talk to my husband on the ride with no ringing phone, or our littlest darlin' needing something.

I did discover the spinning rides don't agree with me anymore, but oh well! The trip was worth the fudge alone!

2 comments:

the (not so) reluctant housewife said...

Laura...this picture alone gives me a headache and makes me feel like I'm gonna hurl!! I so cannot handle any type of ride any more. I went to Pump it Up (a moon bounce place in case you don't have any up there) with Michael and went down a slide with him and felt light headed, so you can imagine the ill feelings that this picture conjures up for me (well, actually you LIVED it...poor thing!)

glad you had a good time. The right company sometimes makes all the difference!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had such a fun time! I can't do the twirly rides anymore either. Bummer :(.